With so many different themes to choose from, it is never an easy task to narrow down on one best idea. However, if you are already thinking of baby shower themes that go beyond the traditional ‘pink’ and ‘blue’, then keep on reading. After the https://www.paperdivas.com.au/baby/birth-announcement.html, the next most memorable event along the journey of pregnancy is the baby shower. This is when the mom-to-be is close enough to pop and is impatiently waiting to meet the little new person inside. It is quite a heartfelt event that is often emotional and filled with a warm sense of love. On another level, however, they tend to be highly orchestrated with pre-planned activities, carefully matched decoration and strict agendas. Below are some ideas you can consider to spice up a traditional baby shower.
Move away from the conventional ladies-only baby shower
Generally, baby showers are associated with females. It is always an event graced by the mommy-to-be together with her female family members and close friends. Instead of this, why not consider encouraging the daddy-to-be and his friends to become part of the celebration. After all, it is undoubtedly an equally significant moment for the father of the baby. Also, isn’t is always more fun to watch the guys compete in a bottle-sucking race or try to guess the baby food?
When organising a co-ed baby shower, it is also important to include food, games and decoration that is not gender biased, no matter the sex of the baby. You would not want to make the men feel uneasy!
Co-Ed Gifts and Favours
For those baby showers where men are part of the celebration, it is thoughtful to present the parents-to-be with unisex gifts such as coupons for future babysitting, diaper bags for both Mom and Dad, and useful gear such as carriers and baby monitors.
Same goes with favours. Giving away baby thank you cards together with a standard take-home gift from the supermarket no longer cuts it. As much effort is put into picking out the best present for the occasion, the shower host must also find the best take-home favour that will thrill both male and female guests who made the event a memorable one.
The Perfect Icebreaker!
Getting to know each other at the function can be made fun with this sophisticated game idea. Forget drinking out of baby bottles and guessing baby food, just ask each guest to bring their baby photo to the shower and dump it in a common bowl right at the start. Once everyone is settled, pull out one photo at a time and have everyone guess who’s who!
When people normally think of smoking, the first thing that comes to their mind is cigarette smoke. After all, cigarettes are easy to use, as well as being cost-effective for pretty much anybody out there who wants to try their hand at smoking for a change. Nevertheless, the world of smoking is much more varied than that: there exist some unique ways to have a smoking experience that it many times better than just lighting up a cigarette, no matter how good it is.
- Bubblers – Bubblers are equally used by professional smoker and beginners. The main reason for this is that they produce smoke that is easy to tolerate, even for those people with less smoking experience. Another great thing about bubblers, in general, is their appearance: most of the ones for sale out there are made out of elaborate and intricate designs which make bubblers great to use as well as to look at.
- Glass Pipes – A glass smoking pipe is a little different when compared to a smokeless pipe made of wood or metal. The smoke is generally regarded as having a much better taste, not to mention that the pipe itself won’t produce any kind of harmful or toxic chemicals when it comes in contact with a heat source or the smoke itself.
- Hookah Pipes – Having a hookah bong of your own will allow you to enjoy a long and tasteful smoking experience virtually anywhere. Smoking from a bong is a much smoother and enjoyable experience, mostly because the smoke gets filtered out before it reaches your lungs. A hookah pipe allows you to easily adjust the temperature, intensity and even the flavour of the smoke itself before it reaches your lungs. A lot of different materials can also be used to generate smoke, ranging from tobacco to cannabis.
- Vaporiser Pipes – Don’t feel like smoking burnt up tobacco or cannabis? If so, you can opt to buy a vaporiser pipe instead. Vaporising the chemicals instead of just inhaling the smoke has some benefits: the taste is richer and you can avoid inhaling harmful by-products such as toxic chemicals and gases produced from the burnt up smoking substance. Due to this, vape pipes are gentler on your lungs compared to other smoking solutions.
- One Hitters – These pipes are unconventional in that they only have enough room to hold one dosage of smoking material. The good thing about them is their relatively small size, which allows you to take them with you to many places so that you always have something to satisfy your urges. Of course, you shouldn’t rely on them all the time, but they are perfect for those who are forced to sit out without smoking for days due to work commitments, etc.